PLC 5 Devicenet Output

Shawn_Mac

Following up on a question I had a couple days ago here, I'm setting up digital lock through a Unidrive SP for two servo motors.

The process involving the motors goes through 11 stages recognized by the PLC-5 for each production. The ratio setup in the digital lock is adjusted by as little as 1/1000 in any of these 11 stages and will be fed back to my Unidrive via 1771-SDN to SM-Devicenet.

The operator sets the value in the PLC with digital thumbwheels to a value between 0-9999 for each stage and the PLC will transfer the appropiate number set depending on the stage its in.

1771-SDN manual says to use BTW bit for this to send my signal to my SM-Devicenet. So I'm wondering if this is the setup I need. 1771-SDN installed slot 7 in this case and devicenet channel 1 wired to SM-devicenet, BTW bit captures value between 0-9999 and writes to O:7/0 and then I setup how this number between 0-9999 affects my digital lock ratio in my Unidrive SP.

Sorry for the long winded post. Cheers