Comm. Error

kb9tua

Using:
RSLogix 500 v 6.00.00 and RSLinx Lite v 2.41.00 (Build 10) and connecting to a Micrologix 1000 via DF1/Com 3, SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView 9600, none, 1, CRC, Full Duplex, Auto-Config, RS232-DF1 Devices....
I get this message in RSLinx:

Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout. Check all cables and configuration settings and try again. Comm. Error 00000005

When connecting to another Micrologix of the same exact type and with the same exact settings, everything works. Anybody have any Ideas?!?!?

🤞🏻

There are several Micrologix 1000's that operate our system. They all have identical programs in them and I was able to communicate with all the others with this same comms setup. So yes, I believe that this should work. Also, the message above that I received was after attempting "Auto-Configuration" which should have made any necessary changes.

Last edited:
Try changing the baudrate to 19200 instead of using autoconfigure, might work.

tried that already. I've tried all different communication setups. What I'd like to know is what does Comm. Error 00000005, mean?