PanelView Plus Configuration

Rigel

Hope someone can help me out.

Question: how can I access the configuration option of a panelview + 1250 if I don’t have a configuration button programmed on the screen?

Explanation: I can't seem to get communications with my panelview plus display; I think the communication configuration was "accidentally" changed. Normally it's hooked up to Ethernet and we have never had problems with it. I haven’t been able to get ethernet communication, I can’t see the panelview on RSLinx. I tried setting up serial communications with a 2711-NC13 cable and a DF1 driver but was unsuccessful. I think that if I can get to the configuration option of the panelview I should be able to reconfigure it and get it up and running again.

Suggestions, ideas & sympathy are all greatly appreciated.

I have read on this forum that if you plug a USB keyboard into the PV+ then type in
" CTRL+ALT+DEL+WINDOWS " key all at the same time, also works to get you to the configuration screen.

tomalbright,

really that easy? Anywhere in particular that I should be tapping? I almost tried tapping the display with a hammer but somehow I don’t think that will work.

Gil47,

I read on another post something similar but I think it was “ctr+windows+alt+del” and it didn’t work. I my frustration it did not cross my mind to try variations. I’ll give it a try.

So your terminal boots into the application automatically when it is restarted?

When the terminal boots up, just after it goes through the hardware checks (before the blue boot up screen shows up) watch the lower left corner. There should be a white box. Press the box and it will not load the application and boot into the configuration.

Hopefully I understood your problem correctly.

Read first two paragraphs of below PDF. I don't have a tech connect contract so I cannot access the tech note referenced. But it appears the tapping on screen or < shift> key might work. Good luck.

OK, I just looked and had a panelview + 1250 I had done a few years ago. As far as I know, it's a Windows CE panel, correct? There was a menu on it to run the program... I had mine set as "auto". I also had a button to "exit" the running program, as well.

I don't know if the taptap thing will work with that one.

dmroeder,

That is correct; it runs the application after boot up. There is a programmed configuration button unfortunately its visibility is dependent on a signal from the PLC. When I tap the lower left corner before the blue screen I get a Firmware download option screen. Since I haven't been able to establish communication I can't download the firmware.

tomalbright,

My PanelView +1250 is not CE.

Ok, some progress; ctrl+windows+alt+shift brings up a Task manager window with two options available: Run or Cancel (two more options not selectable are “switch to” and “end task”). I’ll see were this takes me

There is a utility you can run that will get you to the config screen. However you have to have a TechConnect support contract in order to download it.

Up and running again!

Thank you very much each and every one of you.

The problem I was experiencing was due to someone “accidentally” changing the IP address on the panelview. The “ctrl+windows+alt+shift” trick enabled me to end the task (the running application) and took me to the panel configuration menu, all done with a USB keyboard. Once there I changed the IP address to the correct one and that was it. Next up is setting up a configuration button that doesn’t need a PLC signal! Still don't know why the serial communication didn't work.

I always thought that my first post (I’m one of those long time readers first time posters) was going to be a clever solution to someone else’s problem. Unfortunately no one has posted a problem that’s solution is me telling them to check that the machine power button is set to “ON”.

Again thank you all very much.

Rigel said:
The “ctrl+windows+alt+shift” trick

One of the above posts said "ctrl+windows+alt+del" which threw me for a loop. Turns out if you just plug in a keyboard, make a fist and punch the lower left corner of the keyboard, it will run the little task deal!