how to automaticlly erase unused tags in a ControlLogix program

buhnen

Hello people,

Just a simple question, maybe sombody knows...

After doing my first project in RSLogix5000 I've noticed that I have created some tags that I didn't finally used for my program.

This time I just went over the tag list and erased them. But when I have to make a big program this erasing task can be heavier. Can RSLogix5000 erase automaticlly the unused tags in a project?

Thanks in advance.

Tags can be deleted Online, as long as they aren't IN USE.
In use can also mean being part of an HMI or other Communications message block (as in, on poll from an OPC server).

tomalbright said:
thanks, I haven't had any luck with this. A V.15 Contrologix, and in RUN. I think the "RUN" is the problem, and I am unable to change it.

If you are in "Run" and cannot change it, your key switch is the culprit. Switch the key on the processor to "Rem" and see if that makes a difference.

Set the controller to remote with the keyswitch. Make sure you only turn it to remote though. After this it will be in remote run and you will be able to edit the program online.

Hi Guys,

Here is THE ultimate Solution. You must be ONLINE and in RUN Mode to do this properly.

Go to the Edit Tags Form of the Tag Database. Mark ALL Tags (Mark 1st and then do Ctrl+A).

Then press DEL Button on your keyboard. You are prompted for every Tag which is in use somewhere. Because the correct Answer is allready marked (ok), just press Enter. Now put something with a little weight on your Enter Button and go for a smoke.....

When you come back all unused tags should be gone.

Greets