SQD array look up

jmc

I am currently working on a 10-15 year old system I'm not 100% sure but I think the prossesor is a 700 or 800. The way they are doing it now is sending a bar code to a computer and the computer sends 7 digits to a aims card and stores the values in a array. Now they want a verifcation scanner after the first scanner. My question is how to look up the the last 5-10 numbers stored in the array and compare them to the new floating point sent. Is there a way to use an array or matrix as a pointer? Would it just be as easy to search the whole array? Would seaching the whole array slow any thing down?

jmc said:
I am currently working on a 10-15 year old system I'm not 100% sure but I think the prossesor is a 700 or 800. The way they are doing it now is sending a bar code to a computer and the computer sends 7 digits to a aims card and stores the values in a array. Now they want a verifcation scanner after the first scanner. My question is how to look up the the last 5-10 numbers stored in the array and compare them to the new floating point sent. Is there a way to use an array or matrix as a pointer? Would it just be as easy to search the whole array? Would seaching the whole array slow any thing down?

Yes, you can use pointers in the arrays and matrices. The more you search in a single scan the more the scan length is impacted. The array and matrix commands have the ability to perform pointer indexing over multiples scans if you want.

Thanks

Thanks I ended up write to a new array that stored the 5 floating numbers and just searched those numbers. problem solved