RSView ME

Steve Crotty

Ok, here is the situation. I am using RSView Studio V3.0 & a Control Logix PLC. I have 14 values that I need to be able to display, I only want to display three of them at a time (previous, current and next) using ONLY the HMI.

We plan on having an increment and decrement button to select what values we want displayed. We will also have a parameter file that will look at the value of the increment/deincrement button and point to what value we want displayed.

Eg

#4 = Value4
#5 = Value5
#8 = Value8

Is this possible? Does anyone know of a better way of doing it (using only the HMI)?

Thanks for the help!

It sounds possible. I am currently developing my first app in RSView studio 3.0. Have you had success yet? This topic was a ways down the list. What I do for things like this is on the overview hmi screen, have the vavles, and clicking them brings up a popup with the details for that valve. Im sure you could do the same thing for 3 vavles. The increment and decerement would need to change the paramater file used I would guess.

Matt

We ended up just adjusting the visibility off the number inputs depending on what the value of the increment deincrement button was. I guess the parameter file cant point to PLC tags?

Have fun with RSView ME, still seems kinda buggy if you ask me, and not as powerful as I would have expected.

Sure it can. I just tested it on my first screens. You would have to have the increment and decrement actually be open display buttons (even though it would be the same dsiplay). You would also have to track which screens would open. It may be easier to do what you did tho. Here is parameter file I have...

#1 = Z1_TEMP_PV
#2 = Z1_TEMP_CV
#3 = Z1_TEMP_SP
#4 = Z1_TEMP_BIAS
#5 = Z1_HIGH_ALARM_SP
#6 = Z1_HIGH_DEV_ALARM_SP
#7 = Z1_LOW_ALARM_SP
#8 = Z1_LOW_DEV_ALARM_SP
#9 = Z1_TEMP_KC
#10 = Z1_TEMP_TI
#11 = Z1_TEMP_TD

and here is the pop up

analogpopup.gif

I have 3 of these on my app. The parameter file assigns the tags I need for each zone.

So far, Ive had 1 crash of it. But compared to wonderware, its stable, and lacks several of the VERY annoying issues of it. Next I get to figure out how to do data logging and historical trend review.

I'm riding shotgun on an RSView ME class this week and I'm learning a lot of the RSView Studio fundamentals. I'm coming from a Standard PanelView background, so I'm impressed by the features in RSView Studio.

I think this challenge of displaying just three of 14 different display values can be tackled with a List Indicator, Embedded Variables, and Ramp Buttons. I did this with all Memory-type tags so I know it's entirely inside the PanelView Plus.

I may be getting Steve's original question skewed; I'm not sure if you want unique labels for everything or not.

The values are embedded in the List Indicator text for each State of a 14-state List Indicator. The List Indicator is sized so only three states can show at once. The position variable for the List Indicator is a memory tag that is changed with Ramp Up and Ramp Down buttons.

[attachment]

The Ramp Down limit is 2, and the Ramp Up limit is 13. That way the "scrolling" stops with State 2 in the middle (and State 1 on top) at the top of the list, and State 13 in the middle (and State 14 on the bottom) at the bottom of the list.

I changed the highlighting to be the same as the normal display, so the "active" list indicator state is not highlighted.

list_indicator.gif