WonderWare 10.0 OPC to Moore/Siemens

austin

First let me say that I know virtually nothing about this ans somehow got this project thrown at me!

I have an old Win98 machine running WW 5.2 I'm doing away with the old machine and going a Win XP Pro machine running WW 10.0

The old machine communicated with Moore 353's using MP_LIL I tried to get the new one to work with this but no go. Nothing I've tried assorted drivers and such have worked. I was told that I needed to go with another program we have Procidia "iware" and set the WW up as DDE-OPC and do away with the hardware key that the MP_LIL requires. Others at the office have done this but they're not available for assistance or just dont want to give it...

Anyway my question is where do I find the config in the WonderWare to get this started and are there any points to watch out for?

Any help is appreciated.

I believe the Moore 353 uses modbus? I did a project with a few of these daisy chained together a long time ago and I recalled I used Wonderware's modbus io server and it worked ok.

Dave,

Your right they do use modbus, LIL, Ethernet or (MBE) modbus over ethernet. I'd prefer ethernet, but thats not an option I have.
I have to make the OPC work with the WonderWare Factory Suite.
Weknow it will work but I just don't know how to go about it. I've never done anything with it. And so far can't find a tutorial onit.

Austin

Have you tried Wonderware's MBTCP DAServer? I've used it with other Modbus over Ethernet devices but not the 353.

I'd like to try some othere more up to date equipment, but I don't have the option. The software is already purchased and ther hardware is existing so I'm stuck..

Austin,
What I'm saying is the MBTCP DAServer will interface your 353 to Intouch via Modbus Ethernet. This IO Server should come with the license you purchased for Intouch.

DaveW,

SorryI didn't understand what you were saying. No I havent tried it, but that is a good idea and I'll give it a try, Thank you.

Austin