Creating a counter sequence with ladder logic.

lnex1357

I am programming a PVD counter sequence in PLC ladder logic, I have several differnet ways to program it, but I was curious if there was a simpler way.

The PVD is a sensor that shoots a light at a reflector, when the light beam is broken the PVD senses the interuption and sends a signal to a red LED warning light.

Scenario:

I have two bins that an operator is pulling cards out of, the first bin the operator must break the sensors light beam 4 times i.e. remove 4 cards for every time they take two cards out of the second bin or break a second PVD's light beam twice. The cards are placed on a rotating table with a prox(I:0/4). Each time time one side of the table is loaded and turned the prox resets the count cycle such that the user can remove the same sequence of cards with an error warning. I have two input ports avaliable on my module(I:0/3 & I:0/7).

Solution?

I am planning on using two CTU counters one with a preset of 5 counts and with a preset of 3. Such that if the operator goes over the required settings of 2 and 4 with the two bins the program will energize a warning light. My question is how to wire the inputs, counters, resets etc such that the program will follow the prescribed routine and then reset?

I take it, from your planned use of counters, that it would be fine if the operator pulls less than 5 and less than 3 items? How about 1 and 1? That meets your conditions. Or do you want exactly 4 and 2 to be pulled. At what point does the warning go off? as soon as one of the counts is exceeded? And the reset prox. Is it ON while the table is in position or does it energize some time while the table is in motion to the next position. We really need more facts.

An please provide the details on the PLC and a detailed ladder diagram of at least one of your 'ways'.