Creating a Rockwell ME station to an existing PLC

RofDenmark

Hello

I am kind of new to the Rockwell world, i've mainly worked with Siemens and Schneider untill now.

I am to make a HMI application running on a PC to visualize an existing PLC. I have all the software needed and also the PLC program.

My question is, would it be possible to link tags to an offline PLC project so that i can program the HMI application in my office, before installing it at the customer? Or do i need to be online on the PLC to link the HMI application tags directly to the PLC?

If you've never programmed in FT View Studio before, I'd strongly recommend doing some testing before you have the customer breathing down your neck. Some of what it does is...non-intuitive. Do you have access to a PLC that's at least very similar to what the customer is running?

In your Communications setup, point the project at your offline ACD file in the general section at the bottom of the tab. Then refresh the tag browser and your tags will show up in the offline tag folder.

HMI Tag Setup.jpg

In your Communications setup, point the project at your offline ACD file in the general section at the bottom of the tab. Then refresh the tag browser and your tags will show up in the offline tag folder.

Exactly as the photo says. Add your offline project here to browse through all your tags.

Note, that offline ACD file must reside on C drive. Otherwise, you wont be able to browse tags.