Creating a .daq file in TwinCAT 3

Elias31

Hi everyone,

I'm a last year student at the university in Ghent, and for my thesis i need to write a TwinCAT program that writes data to a .daq file. That's a binary file where i can reserve bytes ( 512 to be exact) in the header of the file ( these are INT, REAL and CHAR), fill some in the beginning, and fill some after all the data is stored ( like a max, min, mean, number of points...).

I already have written a program that stores all the data in a .csv file, but I'm having difficulties putting it in a binary file and reserving these bytes.

If anyone may know some functions or something else that could help me, please let me know :).

Thanks in advance!

Similar Topics

The idea here is to provide for a brief rapid influx of message codes while preventing sequentially repeating the same message. i.e. if two...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, In a factory where we installed Citect 7.20 the computer began to show the first signs of end of life. They never considered...
Replies
Views
When I go to create a new module in Studio 5000 I can't enter any information for the IP Address or change any other fields. Is there any fix to...
Replies
Views
Hello I am kind of new to the Rockwell world, i've mainly worked with Siemens and Schneider untill now. I am to make a HMI application running...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I work for an engineering company in Australia and we use Fanuc robots for numerous manufacturing techniques. At the moment we have just...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom