Read a database table to Micrologix 1100 without Rockwell software.

dboyko

Hi!

May be... :)

I am looking for a way how to
read a database table (MySQL) to Micrologix 1100 without Rockwell software.
You know Factory Talk wants many money...

Thanks for any idieas!!!

You could write your own program (will take up significant time if you've never done this before) or use an OPC client app (like FactorySQL) communicating via an OPC server like (RSLinx, Kepware, or Matrikon). In any event you'll need a PC.

dboyko said:
Hi!

May be... :)

I am looking for a way how to
read a database table (MySQL) to Micrologix 1100 without Rockwell software.
You know Factory Talk wants many money...

Thanks for any idieas!!!

Archie said:
I do this all the time with Visual Basic and open source software. Are you a VB programmer?

First of al thanks manz for the answers.
Now I know It is possible.

Yes I am VB, C#, SQL programmer.

But I don't have any idieas how to start to do this.
What steps I need have for it?

By the way my problem is to do link from MySQL (this is a part of weather station in the port) to three lights (yelow, green, red) using PLC.

Thank you.

Tom Jenkins said:
DF1 protocol is published. You could write a program using it to get the daa. Check the A-B site.

Thanks I will read it now.

But ... Is this a good way for my situation?

"As an alternative to writing your own driver, RSI provides RSLINX C SDK (cat. no. 9355-WABC) and INTERCHANGE (cat. nos.
9351-AIX, -DKTS, -HPUS, -OSF, -VS, -WES, -WKTS) software.
These products provide an application programmer’s interface (API)
and a complete set of drivers to communicate with Allen-Bradley
processors via Ethernet, DH, DH+, DH485, and DF1 serial links on
various hardware and operating system platforms."

Use an OPC server and an SQL transaction manager.

You could go all-Rockwell and use RSSQL and RSLinx Single Node or OEM, but you have stated that you are particularly price-sensitive and this is a very small project.

Or you can choose other products like FactorySQL and Software Toolbox.

Unless you are building an OEM product, it makes very little sense to attempt to write your own DF1 serial driver. The RSLinx SDK license is not cost-effective for what you are attempting.

TuxEIP

Eddie Willers said:
Use an OPC server and an SQL transaction manager.

You could go all-Rockwell and use RSSQL and RSLinx Single Node or OEM, but you have stated that you are particularly price-sensitive and this is a very small project.

Or you can choose other products like FactorySQL and Software Toolbox.

Unless you are building an OEM product, it makes very little sense to attempt to write your own DF1 serial driver. The RSLinx SDK license is not cost-effective for what you are attempting.

Thanks!

But what do you think about it ...

"TuxEIP

TuxEIP is a communications library that facilitates communications to Allen Bradley Controllers, using it, a programmer can write programs to Read/Write controller/program scoped tag data in the following PLC : ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500, Micrologix, FlexLogix (and probably much more, but that's all i have tested).
These PLC are reachable using Ethernet, ControlNet, DH+.
As this library implement misc functions to interact with objects defines by the CIP protocol (Connection Manager, Message router...), you can easily add your own function to act on such devices.

tuxeip-1.0.tar.gz

This program is free software.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation."

Don't miss sourceforge.net

Do a search for DF1 and you'll find some open source drivers for the serial DF1

Are there any drivers like this that can be used directly through Labview? Instead of using an OPC server for labview, is there code that can access the memory addresses in a Micrologix directly?

Jr.

Don't miss sourceforge.net

Do a search for DF1 and you'll find some open source drivers for the serial DF1

Hi Archie

I am looking for this exact thing except using ethernet instead of DF1 for a Micrologix 1100. Is there anything out there you can recommend that is free to use?

I am looking for this exact thing except using ethernet instead of DF1 for a Micrologix 1100. Is there anything out there you can recommend that is free to use?
Check AdvancedHMI, it has Ethernet drivers for the Micro, SLC, and ControlLogix PLCs. The base package is completely free.