HELP With EPLAN?

JD@CC

Im using EPLAN electric P8 v. 1.7. I'm trying to move a project from my labtop to my desktop. Ive tried the process: project>restore>project, but when I need to select the file under the the backup directory path in the restore project dialog I click ok and get a dialog box with the title Restore Project (S096008)....Please select a project.

It would be great appreciation if anyone could give me some tips on how to execute this problem. -Thank You.

I havent got eplan here on this pc and wont be back at work for quite a few weeks so cant look to help as i havent done it before.

One thing though did you search the help Backup/Restore etc, the help is pretty comprehensive.

I have been scrolling through the help options, but it only describes how to complete the task and not how to diagnose the problem. This is no rush as of right now, so if you find anything let me know.

Thank you for your advice.

JD@CC said:
I have been scrolling through the help options, but it only describes how to complete the task and not how to diagnose the problem. This is no rush as of right now, so if you find anything let me know.

Thank you for your advice.

Hi,

I'm an EPlan P8 user.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Would it be possible for you to post a screen shot of the actual error ?

The way I understand, it almost seems like you haven't selected one of the available projects in the selected directory.

Restore.png

If you look in the "Projects" list up there, you can see that I have highlighted the STLM_WULF5_B.zw1 backup file. You probably have not done so.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

You need to copy the whole directory of the project... its a big one... i've tried moving the whole project into a diff directory... and it works fine on my end...

danieluy said:
You need to copy the whole directory of the project... its a big one... i've tried moving the whole project into a diff directory... and it works fine on my end...

Hello danieluy,

Though copying this directory manually is not the recommended way, it is possible to do so.

You need to copy 2 things actually:
  1. Project folder with the extension .edb
  2. Project index file with the extension .elk
There is yet another option under Project/Copy. This will copy your project to another location (if you have network access to that other location of course)

The backup format is useful to share your project with another person that has P8, since this will also include all the necessary project data such as Plot Frames, Forms and symbols, but in a compressed archive.

Regards