Training on btrs and btws

swaneyj

I am having a hard time with block tranfer modules. Is there a good training course on just the block transfers? I have not configured one of these yet. I have a plc 5/40 allen bradley. I have bounced around and kinda understand, just not totally.

Greetings swaneyj ...

first of all here are a couple of threads on the subject that you might find useful ...

the Block Transfer “Mailman” lecture ...

helping a tech school student with Block Transfers by phone ...

if that’s not enough detail, feel free to give me a call ... I’m sort of taking it easy this week for the Fourth of July - so I should have some time to talk you through the setup ...

and just out of curiosity, what part of SC are you in? ... if you're close enough to Charleston, you're welcome to drop by the lab and I'll give you a lesson on just Block Transfers for free ... should take about two hours for the basics ... (that's a limited time offer - I'll be busy again next week) ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited:
If you can swing it take the day off unpaid. The time you spend with Ron learning is well worth any amount of money you would make at work. I have been there and done that. Ron took 4 hours of his time to teach me. That was after teaching all day and would not even let me buy his dinner.