panelview 600+

rjmarinaro

I have a panelview 600+ that i am programing and using factory talk view studio. I am going to be displaying a logo screen upon power up. is there a way that i can display this for a set amount of time from the plc program (rslogix 500) then change it to another screen form the plc program.
I have used panelbuilder 32 and you can do this on there. i am new to factory talk view software. with that you can assign a interger to the screen change.
if i can do this then how and where.

Thanks

You have to setup some tags in FT and the control of the screens will be done in the PLC program.

If you open up the "global connections" and navigate to the display tab, you will see options to setup tags for what screen the PV is on and a remote screen control. The remote screen is what you will use to change the screen from the PLC.

One thing to keep in mind is that you have to setup unique screen numbers for each screen. To use the screen control you must put a the screen number into the remote screen word, then you must put it back to 0 in order to be able to change screens on the PV. If you leave a value in the remote screen word, the PV will stay on that screen.

Hopefully that is clear. If it's not, post back and I'll try and clear it up.

That helps a lot. thanks.
which one is the one that i can monitor which screen the pv is on? i found which one is the one that i can change the pv screen from the plc (remote diplay) but which one is the one that i can monitor which screen is on from the plc? i think its the top one but not sure?
(also thanks for the tip on placing a zero in the word so that it can be controled from the HMI. i knew that from past experiance with panelbuilder but if i didnt then i would have been confused.)
also do you know anything about the screen savers? like can i put my company logo on there and have it go to random places like the little "AB" does? can i change how long before the screen saver comes on? where do i find all that stuff? sorry but i am new with this software under a deadline crunch!!!!
thanks again

Yes it's the top one.

You can change the screen saver. We do that with all of ours.

AB has a tech note on how to do it. Basically there is an executable file that you put on the root of a flash card. When you put it in the PV (while it's powered up, it doesn't matter if it's running the app or not) it will look for a specific exe name. The exe basically just copies your bitmap (also located on the root of the flash card) to the appropriate location on the PV.

PM me your e-mail and I'll send you what we load into ours. All you would have to do is replace our bitmap with yours. The name has to be the same. There could be size requirements, so keep it pretty small. It's been a while since we created ours.