GE Cimplicity - Error locking project file

lenjai100

Hi All,

At the moment I have Cimplicity running on the server computer. I am trying to run the Viewer from my computer. However when trying to open the project from the viewer computer it comes up with an error saying "Error locking project file". What are the solutions around this or to solve this problem?

I have already removed the project.lock file in the project but it still doesn't work. I also removed the readonly in the project folder on the server but it also doesn't work.

Thank you.:)

Cheers,
Billy

Last edited:
This is usually caused when you use a CD to transfer project files from one computer to another. Copying to the CD makes all the files on the CD read-only. Cimplicity needs access to some of the files and generates that message when it can't open them. Check the properties of all of the project files and make sure they are not read-only.

Hi Steve,

I wasn't really dealing with copying the CD but yeh..it was to do with accessing files and permissions regardless:) So thank you to remind me to double check some of my settings. After I removed the read only and set the correct permissions for me to access the file from my computer I don't get the error anymore and can open the project!:)

Cheers,
Billy