MircoLogix 1200

hell007

Hi i am building a new system with micologix 1200R, as my customer need to have both modbus and ethernet connection. As mircologix 1200R got 2 port is it possible for me to use channel 0 for modbus and channel 1 by using a 1761-NET-ENI to connect to ethernet, as from the manual of mircologix 1200 channel 1 is also DF1 full-duplex but just without 24v.

If your I/O count will permit it the ML1100 has a build in ethernet port and a serial port that can be configued for modbus.

Mickey said:
If your I/O count will permit it the ML1100 has a build in ethernet port and a serial port that can be configued for modbus.

yes that the main problem, the I/O amount is quit large that ML1100 can not fix in, also customer in budget so ML1500 also out leaving me stuck with ML1200R as the choice.

The ML1200 and the ML1500 both connect to Ethernet only through the Net-ENI module - so there really is no advantage to using the ML1500 except the higher IO count and wider expansion module selection.

Alaric said:
The ML1200 and the ML1500 both connect to Ethernet only through the Net-ENI module - so there really is no advantage to using the ML1500 except the higher IO count and wider expansion module selection.

Yes but if using ML1500 i can use prosoft modbus modules which hwlp solve the issue of using both network.