Logo to Control Speed

skmok

Hi All

I'm tasked to come up with the application as below using LOGO, but i have no prior knowledge.

I have 5 push buttons to control the speed of a motor. Example 1st pushbutton when press will run the motor at 20% speed. 2nd button pressed to run the motor at 40% speed, 3rd button at 60%, 4th button at 80% and 5th button at 100%.

Is this able to implement using LOGO? I think i will need a variable speed drive to control the speed of the motor. So how do i send the signal out to the variable speed drive to run at what percentage of the motor? Is this an anolog or digital output from the LOG to the drive ?

Pardon my ignorance. ANy help is much appreciated

Thanks

This can be achieved by using digital or analog signals. You need a variable speed drive to regulate the speed of the motor, a logo to send the speed setpoints to the drive.

To control the drive using analog signals, you need a logo with a analog module. You have to vary the output voltage to control the speed of the drive. Say 4ma - 0 % , 8ma - 25%, 12ma - 50 %....

To control the drive using digital signals, you will need a drive that supports speed selection via digital inputs. You turn the digital inputs on from the Logo and the drive will run at the preset speeds programmed in the drive.

Hi Rohan

Thanks for the tip.

I was trying to use analog signal. However, as my inputs are pushbuttons, which means digital inputs, i don't seems to be able to wire to the analof output ? Which function in the software do i use to set the various voltage outputs to the drive base on the different pushbuttons activqated?

Thanks.

you can use drive which has multiple fixed frequencies and you can controlled by digital input for drives ( for example Lenze Drives has this features) by using this drive no need to use Analogue Unit for LOGO

i would say the digital input setup will be much easier to setup.

Use 5 position selector switch to send digital signals to the drive inputs.

All modern drives come with input based programmable preset speeds.

cheers.