OT: More vacation plans

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
My wife and I are planning a vacation trip to Canada's Atlantic Provinces. So far the "must-do" list includes experiencing the tides in the Bay of Fundy and a drive along the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island.

The vacation planning literature always seems to show the Hopewell rocks area in conjunction with the tides. Is that the best place or do the natives go somewhere else? Any particular stops not to be missed along the Cabot Trail? If we are only going to tour one historic site, should it be Louisbourg or Halifax?

Steve Bailey said:
I know that the further away from home you are, the bigger the neighborhood (as in "while you're in the neighborhood") gets, but Toronto isn't exactly close to Nova Scotia.
You've worked hard this year, take an extra week off 🍺

Steve Bailey said:
I know that the further away from home you are, the bigger the neighborhood (as in "while you're in the neighborhood") gets, but Toronto isn't exactly close to Nova Scotia.

I dunno, last year I started in Windsor and did the entire (or nearly entire) "right-half" of Canada. I ended up on PEI after ten days, it was great!