CMM311 to Proface AGP3200 - SNP-X

raywins

I've got GE Fanuc 90-30 CPU331 / CMM311 commreq problems.

I've configured the 311 and the AGP3200 per GFK-0582D and Proface SNP-X comm manual for RS-232. Have the correct cable per Proface. My problem is finding an example of 90-30 PLC code to get the CMM311 talking with the CPU331. Yes, this is an old system being upgraded with a touchscreen, and I'm using LM90. Can anyone point to or email example of ladder to get these guys talking to each other? According to Proface tech support, their driver handles all memory types directly, after comms is established.

Thanks in advance! :geek:

Last edited:
All you need to do is to properly configure the CMM311 as an SNP slave. The Proface HMI will be the master. You don't need any ladder logic (COMREQ) to support an SNP slave. When you start Logicmaster go to configuration (F2) instead of programming (F1). Set up the CMM311 module as an SNP slave and make sure that the port settings match the HMI setup. Default SNP valuse are 19200 baud, odd parity, 1 stop bit. Many people overlook and mismatch the parity setting.

Steve Bailey said:
All you need to do is to properly configure the CMM311 as an SNP slave. The Proface HMI will be the master. You don't need any ladder logic (COMREQ) to support an SNP slave. When you start Logicmaster go to configuration (F2) instead of programming (F1). Set up the CMM311 module as an SNP slave and make sure that the port settings match the HMI setup. Default SNP valuse are 19200 baud, odd parity, 1 stop bit. Many people overlook and mismatch the parity setting.
Thanks Steve! Tooo simple. The other item that has to be set is the (SNP)ID of the CPU, which is done from the configuration side of LM90. Without it, I had no comms. Setting it to 1 in the CPU and the Proface config made everybody happy.