PLC5 question

Chance85

Good Mourning

I have a faulted PLC5/V40B processor and I'm having some trouble figuring out what the error code means. It is error code 90 (coprocessor extensive memory test failed). Does anyone know where I could find a more detailed explaination for this fault. I have been digging threw manuals all mouring but have not found much info on this.
This is a VME plc with 2 SST profibus I/O cards (Master and Slave) I believe one of these card may be causing the fault but I cant find enough info to verify this.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

It's been a while since I've done anything with a PLC5 VME. As I remember that version of PLC5 used a second processor to handle VME and other communications. That may be the memory it is talking about. Are the SST cards VME cards? If so a memory read error from them would act like any other VME memory misread, which shouldn't cause a processor fault. I'm guessing your problem is more internal.

Keith

Keith

Sorry for taking so long to reply I was away from the plant for a few days. The problem seemed to be in the PLC5 processor. Finally found enough information on the SST cards (yes they are VME cards) to troublshoot. I had another PLC5 processor but did'nt want to take a chance on blowing up another $18,000 board.
Other than A.B. do you know of anyone else that can reliably repair these processors? I haven't had much luck getting anything VME repaired.

Thanks for your reply