SLC5/05 to YAG Laser Communication

tspisak

I working on a new project with a SLC5/05 that I need to connect to a part marking YAG laser. The last project ended up with custom VB code written to get all the serial number information from the plc via Ethernet and transfer it to the laser. It has not been a bullet proof setup.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a laser that is made to connect to a Allen-Bradley SLC (or in the future ControLogix/CompactLogix).

I have used Keyence Lasers. Through the serial port you have complete access to all laser functions. They have a well documented manual for the communications. I wrote a complete subroutine set for a customer using Control Logix to create a configuration based parameters in the PLC. It took a few weeks but was not too difficult. They are very reliable lasers. The one I worked on was a CO2 but I do believe they have a YAG version.