Wonderware InTouch10 - Calculating average temperature

Missy5

Hi,

Can someone help me please? I have two temperatures and I'd like to calculate the average temperature. Average temperature must be written in output field.

I have two tags; booths are Type I/O Real and one tag Average, I defined it like Memory Real.

Then I defined Data Change Script like this

---------------------------------------------------------

(Average )

Average = ((Temp1 + Temp2) /2);

----------------------------------------------------------

I tested it but doesn’t seems to be working (I placed on my window two inputs for Temp1 and Temp2 and one output for tag Average – but nothing happens when I enter numbers into those two inputs).

Very interesting for me is that when I change output of tag Average to input and I enter for example number 30 for Temp1 and number 40 for Temp2, nothing happens yet. But when I enter one number into input of tag Average the right result pops out (35)!??

Thanks.

What you wrote is a bit confusing but your data change script will only execute when Average changes. Average will not change unless the script executes so it will never execute. Put your calculation in another type of script or use another trigger such as $Second changing as the trigger.

Your script is fine but it should be placed in Data Change Scripts for 'Temp1' and 'Temp2' instead of for 'Average'