auto logout rsview 32 cpr 7

is there a way to set users up to auto logout after a set time of no activity? if i missed a prevous post on this sorry i asked it again. all i found was a post for view me.

Hadji,

There is no built in automatic logout feature that I know of. But I am sure there is a way to write a macro or expression to logout when the system timer get to a certain value.

I used this macro on a login:

------------------------------------

!===== Macro File created 09/11/06 ===============================
! this macro logs out the current operator after 30 minutes
! calls VBA script:
!
!Sub op_logout()
!
!Dim Start
! Start = Timer ' Set start time.
! Do While Timer < Start + 1800
! DoEvents ' Yield to other processes.
! Loop
!Done=1
!End Sub
!
!============================================================
Display logout_msg
VBAExec op_logout

Login operator

----------------------------------------

When that is finished, OR when the operator logs out, the "Login operator" routine runs, which logs in a normal operator. You DO have to have the VBA script op_logout in place!

It has to be in the login of every operator that you want timed. The Display is optional, I did this for a specific function.