1746-HSCE troubles

Aburke

I'm currently programming an SLC/05 with a 1746-HSCE card in SLOT 1
And the module is faulting on power up

I've checked, s:1/8 & s:1/9 and both are set to 0

The Fault occuring is :

"Specialty I/O module in slot 1 has not responded to a command as being completed within the required time limt"

i've attached a copy of the program so far, hopefully this helps
the ladder is : LAD8 - HSCE

Cheers
Andrew

I do not know if this will help, but I remember some note about some specialty modules that have retentive memory. If this module has retentive memory, then the counter enable bit (your M0:1.1/12) will be on when power comes on. I am pretty sure that the enable bit needs to be off when you send the configuration parameters.

I use logic like the following. The configuration parameters are set on the first pass. The function enable is set whenever the first pass bit is not set and your reset input is not set. I do not latch the enable bit so it should be off during the first pass.

enable.jpg

Well in the end i got onto Rockwell & they swapped over the module for me, installed the new one & it worked first time, must of been a faulty card.. even thou it was new