RSLogix500 Pro, 5/05 Decompiler CRC?

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
RSLogix500 v7.10 (cpr 7)
1747-L553C Series C Firmware 10 Revision 5

This is a fairly heavily loaded SLC with lots of DeviceNet and considerable ethernet communications going on. It controls a large beef grinding operation.

About a dozen times over a period of 3 years, during extensive online editing, the CRC somehow gets corrupted.

When trying to save the file, we will get an error:

Upload Failed!
Decompiler -> CRC of executable code does not match
Decompiler -> CRC of executable code does not match
(Yes, it repeats the error twice in the dialog box, followed by an OK button)

Once this occurs, the processor will not allow an online connection. You cannot upload to a new file, you can only download.

The process it is controlling will continue to run fine for anywhere from 5 to 8 hours and then the system will fail reportedly losing communication to the HMI, and strange behavior occurs on the devicenet.

It was reported to me that "conveyors won't stop until we hit an e-stop button". I am not sure how the drives are programmed to react to devicenet failures or whether the devicenet ever detects a fault.

Yesterday was the first I had heard about this problem which is on a system my counterpart takes care of, so I thought I would search the know base and forums and see if we can figure out what is going on.

A/B simply says to download a fresh program, which will shut down half our plant for a half hour so Mike usually waits until production ends, or when the system finally dies, he can log in from home and dump the program into it.

He says this only happens when doing online editing, and he thinks he could reproduce by doing lots of editing too fast.

Any ideas? Especially the part about runing for 5 hours after we get the error...that is very, very weird...

One thing we ran into this week infact was that the processor would fault out, the ethernet would fault (so you couldn't clear any faults until you power cycled the processor). What we found was the processor can only handle 8 "connections" through ethernet anyways, at one time. So RsLinx to your computer, any calls from servers, any calls from Operator Panels, MSG blocks etc, count toward this 8. So if your edit computer is only hooked up during edits, then it happens to get a "call" from somewhere during this time -- could be an issue.

George