Dispay time and date on a PV+1000

godfrey

I've got a GSV instruction in my 1769-L30 to move WALLCLOCKTIME into a user defined tag called TIME_DATE. It has seven DINT members for year, month, day, hour, minute, second and millisecond. This works fine. I want to create an object on my PV+ 1000 to display the first six members. I don't need the milleseconds. Do I have to create six separate objects for each member tag? Or can they fit or be combined in one object? What I'm picturing is one screen object that looks something like:
08-08-22-11:30:23
I'm using RSLogix v13 and RSStudio 4.0. What I'm doing is logging data that I want to diplay with the time stamp.

Are you displaying the current time or a series of stored times?

Current time is easy - just map your PLC tags to the global connections and create a text display. Click the insert variable button and select time/date, and pick the format.

If you are storing timestamps that you want to display, you would have to make a text display, and then insert a numeric variable for each element of time, with whatever separation characters you want in between.