Compact Logix, AMCI Stepper Controllers

swhite65

Hi:

I am using a compact logix L35E processor and will have a point IO rack with nothing but 8 of the point IO stepper cards made by AMCI for A-B (3401). My question is what will I need in this point IO rack? Can I get by with just the 1734-AENT module and the 8 3401 modules? Or will I need an FPD module? There will be no other cards in the rack so no discrete IO of any sort. The 3401 cards derive all power from the "backplane" as the connections include outputs: step or CW, direction or CCW
inputs: limit switch, home
other: module common, chassis ground

Pointbus current draw is 85mA @ 5Vdc. I will have to supply the 1734-TB or TBS mounting bases.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks.

Similar Topics

Wondered if anyone had experience with any of the AMCI stepper cards that integrate with the A-B hardware and RSLogix Software. In particular...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I have a issue with communication between two different PLCs. So here is the facts, The Master PLC is Guard Logix 5069 with IP...
Replies
Views
gents, I am trying to configure communication with EMERSON PK300 controller through port A1 using generic ethernet communication module . I could...
Replies
Views
I've blown the Output Transistor on the Output Card of a Compact Logix 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B It says J378. Does anyone know the replacement part...
Replies
Views
I am having trouble with getting no control of my analog output signal. I am using the SCL function block to control my analog output. The logic...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom