Danfoss & Telemcanique VFD ?????

SPBDASAN

Can anyone tell me....Which is best?
Danfoss VFD VLT8000 aqua series & Telemecanique Alt61 series.

i want choose for Ventilation fan drives for ship

Ship power is 690v. Fan Motor is 75kw and also this fan controlled by 2 sensor. one is Temp.Sensor and another one is Pressure sensor..
the speed is to be controlled automatically by over pressure and temperature PID controller. The over pressure is to be selectable in the PID controller.

In this case i choose 2 brand. pls explain Danfoss or Telemecanique.... and pls explain why best?

Thanks

Thirty years ago I designed a control panel for a ship and I used IEC devices. The rational was that in most ports in the world (except the US) it would be easier to find a replacement IEC device than it would a NEMA one. Using the same logic I would expect the Schneider Electric (was Telemecanique) ATV will be easier to locate and service outside the US.

Telemecanique Brand is quite cheeper compare to danfoss. But DC CHOKE is additional in this Telemecanique . In Danfoss in built DC Choke and also have PID Controller..but i dont know about Telemecanique brand..

can anyone tell me Harmonics filter is important or not for ship?

There is less chance of having a harmonic issue on a ship however the presents of harmonics can affect a ship so I would say its still important just not likely to be an issue

I have used both - mostly altivar though. They are both very easy to set up but where I live Schneider support can't be beat IMO.

ATV's have PID regulator too.

I have used both danfoss and mostly Telemecaniques, but only pid function in the telemecanique and it works really well

I havent had a danfoss or Altivar 61 packed up yet (knock on wood). The altivar 61s we have running is pump applications where the speed of the pump is controlled by the line pressure. These have been running for about 3-4 years and no hassles. The danfoss drives are not the range you are refering to. Like people said before it should depend on the support you get from the manufacturer and the product you are most comfortable with. I prefer the Telemecanique because I get gr8 service from them and I'm very familiar with the drive

SPBDASAN said:
can anyone tell me Harmonics filter is important or not for ship?

Harmonic are always an issue where you supply your power from generators. The requirement for a harmonic filter will depend upon the size of the ship's generators. The bigger the generator in relation to the VFD load then the harmonics will have less effect.