Problem with Exter T100 Touch panel

Shohadawy

I'm using an EXTER T100 Touch panel and I have two questions:

1- I'm using the demo version of the Information Designer tool ... When I run the application it returns a system error... What is the problem ???

2- Hom to make a numeric keypad using touch buttons??

When you say "run the application" do you mean using the simulation of the project with the F5 key (Also menu picks: Project/Run)?What operating system do you have?

For the numeric question, normally when editing a numeric value you would use an "Analog Numeric" object and attach it to the address of the value in the PLC you want to view or edit.

One small trick is that if you want the operator to be able to edit the value you have to edit it's properties, go to the Access tab and check "Enable Operator Input"

Hope this helps

Thanks for your helpful reply .... but let me ask one more question

I've already used the analog numeric object.. but sometimes it makes some trouble ... Sometimes when I enter a value.. for example 45 it appears incremented by 1 and so it becomes 46... or it is decremented by one to be 44 .... What is the problem??

I'm using the ALTUS driver ... But let me tell you an important note I've realized.... I noticed that when I make the gain =1 and the offset = 0 the problem totally disappears ... but I can't do this in my project because there is a difference between the range of the controller and the range of the panel.

Another question, Is it a must to use the GLOBAL block, the alarms, time channels and mail blocks

Last edited:
Ah, There is an issue with using gains that the values can be rounded depending on what the gain and offset are. And what data type (int, real, etc.) you are working with. You don't give any specifics so that is all I can tell you right now.

It is not required to use the global, alarms, time channels or mail blocks. I usually just leave the default stuff in the project because if you delete it and then want to use it later, you will likely have to start a new project and copy all your user specific screens over to it.

ndzied1 said:
Ah, There is an issue with using gains that the values can be rounded depending on what the gain and offset are. And what data type (int, real, etc.) you are working with. You don't give any specifics so that is all I can tell you right now.

What information do you need to know from me for finding the solution for this problem ??

ndzied1 said:
Can you zip and post your project here?

Here's one thing that will help. If you don't want to post your whole project than upload a sample project that shows your problem.

Then you really need to state what you expect to happen and what is actually happening with a specific example that can be tested in your project.

The more information you provide, the more likely you are to get an answer that you can use.

Don't know if this happens on the simulator but on a T70 you can't have just one item that represents a variable on screen because sometimes it displays a value and sometimes it doesn't. If you have more than one variable you are OK or if you add a second copy of the variable and make it invisible it is OK. I have reported it to Beijer. That is with a Siemens S7-200 PLC, if it is OK with other PLCs then it must be a driver issue.

Bryan

ndzied,In the attachment an example of an application indicating my problem ... I hope you could help me... thanks in advance

With the demo driver, I believe you want to be using D type addressing.

You really need to define ALL these things:
  • What screen you are looking at
  • What numeric you are lookin at
  • What you are typing in
  • What you are seeing
  • What you would like to see that you are not
ALSO, where does the 19.6078 come from? There may be a better way to account for it in the PLC.

ndzied1 said:
With the demo driver, I believe you want to be using D type addressing.

You really need to define ALL these things:
  • What screen you are looking at
  • What numeric you are lookin at
  • What you are typing in
  • What you are seeing
  • What you would like to see that you are not
ALSO, where does the 19.6078 come from? There may be a better way to account for it in the PLC.

I'm sorry for being late in replying .... I succeeded in solving the problem by keeping the gain =1 and changing the value of the offset .... But soon my project was infected by another problem.

The problem is that the offset value (24) is shown on the analog numeric when there are no values entered yet... Do you have any solution ndzied???

Shohadawy said:
Do you have any solution ndzied???

I cannot have a solution when I do not know the REAL problem. You did not answer my questions.

The offset is working exactly as designed. It adds to whatever is in the analog value. When zero is in the register, then you will see the offset value because it is always added.

ndzied1 said:
then you will see the offset value because it is always added.

Is there any method to prevent its appearance??

ndzied1 said:
I cannot have a solution when I do not know the REAL problem. You did not answer my questions.

OK I'm going to answer all your questions:

1- To go to the screen that I'm looking at click enter on the first screen then select path1

2- The numeric I'm looking at : both the minimum and maximum weight are infected with the same problem

3- I'm typing in the number 45 (for example)

4- I'm seeing 39 instead of 45

5- of course I would like to see the number that I've entered (45)

19.6078 came from the automatic calculation of the gain and offset as my controller range is from 0 to 255 and the panel range is from 0 to 5000

If you need more information I'm ready to supply it . And I want to thank you for your interest in answering me

Sorry it's been a while. I've been pretty busy.

The problem is that you are getting a round off error because you are using integer type registers in the PLC.

So, When you enter 45, the screen divides by your gain and comes up with 45/19.6078=2.2950050
BUT, since you only have an integer address, the HMI can only store a rounded integer part of the number in the PLC so it stores 2.

Then to display the number, it reads it back from the PLC and multiplies it by the gain:
2 * 19.6078 = 39.2156
AND since you are set up to display no decimal places, you see 39.

The easiest solution is to use floating point registers that can deal with the fractional part of the numbers. I'm not familiar with your controller so I don't know if this is an option.

Another solution is to do the scaling in the PLC or controller. Many controllers have scaling blocks for this that make it easy.

Lastly, you could work in 1/100 ths of the value you require, for instance, instead of your controller values going from 0-255, let them go from 0-25500. Then you move the decimal place in your gain to the left for a gain value of 0.196078. At this point you will have to divide by 100 in your PLC but sometimes this easier than doing all the scaling in the PLC. Because you are using integers, there is still some rounding but it will not affect you as much when working this way.

Hope this helps.