data block full

panthripu

If one of my data block is full and i want to add some more data on it?is it possible,if yes ,how to do it or anyother alternative.
Is it possible to use array?infact i dont know much about array.

In general, the answer is "no, you cannot resize DBs at runtime".

There exist some esoteric methods of deleting and creating DBs at runtime (SFC22 and SFC23), but you would have to copy the existing contents of the DB you want to resize to an intermediary buffer. You would only start with this if you have a very specific reason for it.

The simple solution is to size DBs to the maximum that you will possibly need, and then just use the part of what you need at any given time.

Similar Topics

Afternoon, I have a DB in TIA Portal V16 that is optimised. I cannot change this. There is an array inside that block which consists of 3000...
Replies
Views
Hello all, PLC-programming noob here. I have multiple clients accessing some data on my Siemens S7 1211C PLC; some OPC clients and some direct...
Replies
Views
Hey people, I have been using GET_NAME , GET_IM_DATA and ModuleStatus FB to get an info from Modules inside my program, but ever since and...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering if I could get some advice when setting up function blocks (Currently using Siemens S7) using a STRUCT data format. Say I was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Ok bear with me, I have an Array of Real in a DB ranging from 0 to 10. In ladder I want when count pulse = 100 move count into Array 0...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom