Panelview 550 Touch - No Access

FRPO

Hi,
I hope you can help me with my problem with a panelview 550 touch.

The panel was used before for another plc and therefore it want to connect to a unknown network node (error 613). I tried to change this but I think it`s impossible.

So I think the best option for me would be to reset the panelview to it`s factory defaults, because the storage will be also deletet...I think.

Do everyone know how to reset the panelview to it`s factory defaults?

What are you trying to connect to it? Most likely the only problem is the node address. If your programmer put a configure srceen button on the screen you can go to the configure screen look at the node address, and buad rate to make sure they correspond with what the PLC has. They must match or you cannot communicate. The error 613 is a comm error, in other words the PLC doesn't see the panel view.

I have a SLC5/03 going up to a AIC+ (RS232), where 3 Micrologix 1000 are working. The Panelview is connected to the SLC via 422 plug. Now the data files on the PV are from an old programm (I guess) and therefore it tries to connect to a foreign node. I see the PC on RSLinx and have connected, but I can`t access the files (no down-/ upload).
Thats why I think the only way to run the system with new files is to reset the panelview to factory defaults...but thats not easy I see ;-)

What is the complete catalog number of your PanelView. With this information we can help you get connected.

For bether understanding: I have a network using a SLC5/03-OS302 (1747-L532-SerDRev4) as Master, connected via CH0 to a 1761-NET-AIC+. This AIC+ is connected via fieldbus to another switch cabinet. In this are three 1761-NET-AIC+. On each of this three AIC+ is connected a 1761-LI6BWA-Micrologix1000. The Panelview 550 (2711-T5A2L1 Ser.A-Rev.F-FRN.4.20) is connected to the SLC CH1.
I want to use this network, to communicate from the Micrologix to the SLC. I can`t use the PASSTHROUGH because of missing right firmware, so I was told by Rockwell to try it using the command "Message" in RSLogix. The used parts were used and on the PV the "old" program is running, so when I startup, the PV want to connect to a unknown node.

Installing the driver was quit difficult, because one time they are working, next time starting up they lose connectivity. Via RSLinx I installed the AB-KT-1, DH485 driver (PCMK,9k6), connect my laptop via 1784 PCM4/B-cable to the PV550 and see on RSLinx following:
00, Workstation,RSLinx
01, SLC-5/03,SLC00000
02,Panelview,PV550

I guess for using the "Message"-command all the used hardware must run under the same driver? Because when I connect as shown above I only see the SLC and the PV. But when I install the AIC+ driver and connect my laptop via serial port to the round plug on the AIC+, I alsoo see the three Micrologix AND the SLC, but not the PV.

The first problem to up-/download files to/ from the PV is solved now, so I now can download the new files to the PV. I start up in config mode and tried several times to download a simple file. I think because of trying several different drivers I would have restart the processor or/ and the RSlinx in right order to change the values. After restarting my laptop and the SLC the PV works right now, but I`m not sure that`s the reason why I didn`t work before...

The second problem, using the "message"-command, isn`t solved. I don`t know if I need alle components under the same driver (PCMK-AB-KT1) or
if it also works when using two drivers (AIC+ driver AND PCMK-AB-KT1).
Maybe someone have experience using the "message"-command?

Thanks for your help and the ultra-quick answers. I`m really surprised of the speed you replay my questions - thanks to Myles, euipfacil and Mickey for your helping hands.

I'm not clear on what you are trying to do.
But it sounds like you have downloaded your new PV program, correct?
Try to be a little clearer on what your trying to use the message instruction for.
The message instruction is used to communicate between controllers ( read or write). It is not used by your PV or RSLinx.

I have a pump, which is controlled by a foreign SPS. Nearby is my cabinet with the SLC 5/03 and from there is a long line to another cabinet within three micrologixs. Every of the three micrologics have several digital-out connected to magnetic ventils.
Now if one of the ventils is opened (=dig.output is set), I want to read out that MICROLOGIX-output via MSG-command from the SLC-program and if its true, I will set an digital output on my SLC. This output is connected to one of the FOREIGN-SPS`s input). So if the vent is set, my pump will start to run -- that`s the idea!?!
The PV isn`t used for this applikation yet!

So I read about the MSG and the SVC-command, but I don`t know if I only need once MSG-command (READ on SLC) or (WRITE on MICROLOGIX) or if I have to combine this two commands (READ and WRITE)

Maybe anybody have an example to see how to use this commands in a program?

So I read about the MSG and the SVC-command, but I don`t know if I only need once MSG-command (READ on SLC) or (WRITE on MICROLOGIX) or if I have to combine this two commands (READ and WRITE)

You only need one message instruction (per controller), I prefer a read myself. If you need information from each of your ML1000 then you will need a message instruction for each controller.

Write logic to sequence thru each message one at a time.

Thx Mickey,

Do you know where I can get a description of how to use the MSG command? I`m not familar with the details because I can`t understand how to read out the right bit when I transmit it via the MSG command.

I build in the MSG_read on my SLC and have to configure in the last line of the MSG-box something like "additional sreen commands". When I click on this, a new window appears and I have to write in the correct datas (adress and so on). But I don`t understand how to read out and take a value from one to other controller.
Do know where I can get informations about this?

See PDF below
Also open RSLoigx, click on help then SLC instruction help.
Give it a try, post what you have done and someone will help you thru it. Might also help if you tell us the node addresses of your SLC and Ml1000 you are trying to communicate with. And address of data your trying to read.

Last edited: