Proficy Machine Edition 5.7 problems

bosko1

I am working on a project with multiple RX3i processors/programs. I have created toolchest components for logic that I need 100s of times in my program. These are all maintained in a program called "Shell Program" (for version control purposes), so if I need to change something in the toolchest, I make my changes in the shell program and drag them into the appropriate toolchest components. I've run into a major issue doing this. I made a change to a toolchest component

variable properties like:
"publish" changed from false to external
default value from 0 to 3.0
etc.

when I open another program that uses those components proficy *****es with the following message:

"Warning: Property DataSource of Variable DEADBAND not imported. Invalid value: GE Fanuc Controller"

Hopefully someone knows exactly what I'm talking about 'cause otherwise I'm screwed and will have to change the properties manually, since importing CSVs doesn't seem to be working either. When I try to overwrite variables through CSV import, it says "variable exists, will not change, etc", even though I've selected to overwrite when prompted.

arggh.

Thanks guys/gals