Proficy Machine Edition "Set Temoprary IP Address" not available

GlennM

I have a GEFanuc plc 90-30 that has dumped it's program and IP. The tool in PAC for setting a temporary IP is not available. The Offline Commands says (none). I have tried using the mac address via CMD using ARP and Telnet to no avail. Any suggestions? I need to get this up and running!

The temporary IP address tool in Proficy only works for the Rx series PLCs. It doesn't work with the 90-30. All 90-30s are accessible using serial communications. The fifteen-pin port of the power supply module in the CPU is an RS-485 programming port. Depending on the CPU model there could be other available ports.

Does your 90-30 have an ethernet port on CPU or an add in module (CMM321)?
What CPU is it?

Have you connected to it before with ME (Machine Edition)?
If not... do you have the logic converted from Logicmaster 90 to ME?

Last edited:
I have connected to this just two weeks ago, prior to this event, over ethernet. The CPU has an ethernet port. I do not have the Station Manager cable with the RJ11 to 9 pin D shell. I may have to purchase one, but i really need this up and running on Wednesday

Had a cable overnighted, connected up to Station Manager, dl a free hyper terminal, did bootp with an IP address, connected with Proficy ME, dl the program, up and running today.

I was able to use the set temporary IP address tool for a 90-30 cpu374 using Proficy v9.0. I tried it first in v9.8 and the tool set temporary IP address tool is just not there so I tried and older version and it worked.