Help with analog in and outputs

CENTER

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using a MicroLogix 1500 and am in need of help with using a master line speed and ratios for each output. 10v will=1000 so I came up with line speed*ratio/1000 will = output Just wanted to now if I am working in the right direction.

in the SLC 500 instruction set lookup the command SCP and SCL it provides several formulas for linear scaling

y=mx+b
where Y=scaled output
m=slope=(scaled max-scaled min)/input max-input min)
x=input value
b=offset(y intercept)=scaled min-(input min x m)

scaled value=(input value*rate)+offset
rate=(scaled max-scaled min)/(input max-input min)
offset=scaled min-(input min*rate
now you also have to check what range is used for your analog
for 0-10 volt range is 0-32767
for 4-20 ma range is 6242 to31208

attached is an article by Ron Beaufort on scaling

appears the file is now too big for this site if yo do a search on Rons posts he goes into more depth I beleive the post was entitled
Y=mx=b