Analog Signal Help

Hello All:

I have always had a small cloud of uncertainty with regard to analog signals because it is something that I've had to pick up myself and only come across rarely. However, I want to be come more comfortable and knowledgeable. I am looking for a good and thorough tutorial/primer/textbook on the subject. The internet is good but sporadic and often not complete at one particular site; unless I am searching incorrectly and haven't found the right site.

Anyways, a few of the topics a I am looking for are:

1. Active vs Passive circuits
a. Definition
b. Contraints
c. Industry Standard

2. 2 wire vs 3 wire vs 4 wire
a. When to use each
b. How to identify
c. Advantages vs disadvantages
d. Industry Standard

3. Type of Signals
a. 0-20mA, 4-20mA, 1-5V, 1-10V etc
b. When to use each
c. Advantages vs disadvantages
d. Industry Standard
4. Power supply
a. Voltage levels
b. Load contraints; use of resistor or not

5. Scaling
a. Manual calulation (I've done it but want to understand better)
b. Deteriming resolution

6. Design Criteria & integration
a. Initial steps
b. Things to avoid
c. Connecting to PLC

7. Troubleshooting
a. Ground loops; determining, isolating, avoiding
b. Common Mode saturation - identifying, isolating, avoiding

Anyways, I know this is a lot. If someone feels ambitious had can answer most of this that would be great. I am mostly looking for a link or title of a good book on the subject.

Thanks,
Tim