CLX-L62 Read Flashing OK LED

Hi Guys,

I have a new L-62 I've been using for test all week. I powered up this morning and the controller OK LED is flashing Red.

The manual says this is a major fault and needs to be cleared. The problem is I cannot get online even with DF-1 to clear this fault.

Is this contoller "knackered"?

When you say "I cannot get online", what's happen to the software?
Do you get an error?
Which one?
Do you see the PLC icon in rslinx or there is a red cross over it?

Sorry for the questions, just to have more elements to analyze.... ;)

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Maybe a stupid question... are you sure about your serial COM port numner? Also, is it "free" ? (other programs may try to use the same port... When you press autoconfigure, which error appear in the right windows?

Are you also sure of the serial cable you're using?

Thanks,

Eggs

100%.

This controller was working yesterday. Nothing wrong with COM ports or serial cable.

Had the Red LED been solid I'd be satisified it needs replacing but the blinking Red Led is keeping me in hope...

Any way you can add in a comm card to the rack to get to the PLC? Also have you tried turning the key switch to Prog and back to Run?

So, what I may suggest to you is to try to take out the battery and cycle power...unless you have already done !

Also take out the CF card from CPU if it is inserted...

Had this happen to me last week.

You lost your memory in the PLC. I seems to happen with a power spike. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to turn the key from run to program back to run. If that doesnt work cycle power and reload your program.

The only way I've found to make this full proof is to use the CF card backup method.

The standard keyswitch turn prog to run will usually reset the PLC and clear minor faults as well as removing and reinserting the processor. I've had this in my arsenal for a while.

That fault (POSSIBLY) can be caused by having a "Power-Up Routine" configured, but not actually defined.

If the power fails, and comes back, the CPU will fault if a PUR is configured, but not actuall defined.

Cycling the keyswitch will clear that error, and go back into run, bypassing the PUR call since the system is already powered up.

Thankfully it came back to life. I've been doing some testing with controller Serial Port in ASCII mode whilst waiting on a Prosoft GSC module to arrive.

I feared a botched cable I fired together might have shorted on serial port and killed it :|

killed the serial port?

ouch there might be a quick way to test that with hyperterminal. But now that we have a spare barcode scanner I just setup a ascii read to test our serial ports in question.