2 Q's RSview - PLC5 tag arrays?

badbadtz560

Please forgive me if I use the wrong vocabulary on this

I am trying to program a panelview 1250 using RSview ME, which will hook up to a PLC5 device.

Do you guys know the tag notation to have it look at .. say three bits out of a 16-bit word? Say I want to look at N78:16/3, 16/4, and 16/5.

How would I type this in to the direct tag so that it only looks at those three bits? So far the expression looks something like this:

{::[my_plc5]N78:16/3} and I tried looking at the "LSB" (least significant bit). I don't think it's working as intended though.

2) The second application would be the same as above, only that I'm trying to pull a whole number (integer?) out of 3 bits. I assume I'd do the same thing as above but have the tag look at "value" instead of "LSB"

I'm guessing you are looking for the "Bit Array" datatype which was available in earlier PanelViews? The "Bit Array" datatype is not supported in View ME. (Except as an Alarm trigger). To get the value from 3 bits, you could use an expression and some math. 4*Bit3+2*Bit2+Bit1