Max. Number of Panels on a CPU 31x-2 PN/DP

Hi all,

We're planning a project that uses up 20 (maybe more in the future) Panels - TP177 4" Color PN/DP. We'd like to connect them all to 1 controller (S7-31x or WinAC), using profinet for communication with the PLC.

Looking at the PLC specs, there are several types of communications functions that all have a different number of max. connections.
eg. CPU 315-2 PN/DP
- Open IE - Max. Connections: 8 (NA for Profinet)
- Number of usable OP Connection: 15
- Profinet CBA: NA for TP177B
- 2nd Interface as Profinet IO Controller - Max. Connectable IO Devices: 128

Is it possible to connect up to 128 Panels onto this CPU or is it restricted to 8 or 15 Panels?

will an Lean CP card give me the possibility to extend this amount of connectable Panels.

Tx in advance,

HG

"Lean CP card give me the possibility to extend this amount of connectable Panels"

315-2DB CPU gives max 16 (with Lean CP) (15)
317-2DB CPU gives max 32 (with Lean CP) (31)
I think like that.

Heino Geerdens said:
- 2nd Interface as Profinet IO Controller - Max. Connectable IO Devices: 128

Is it possible to connect up to 128 Panels onto this CPU or is it restricted to 8 or 15 Panels?
The mentioned "IO Devices" are Profinet Devices where the CPU is then the Profinet "Controller" (similar to Profibus Slaves and Master). I am not sure that the TP panels can work as IO devices - I doubt it. If they could it would be an awful cludge.

You need a CPU that natively supports the number of OP connections that you require.

If you need lots more panels, then maybe you should look into other kind of solutions, web client panels maybe.