RSLinx always freeze & hang when startup

ckchew666

Hi guys,

This problem is making me crazy, I'm using RSLinx 2.52. It'll freeze/hang upon startup (double click on the .exe). Does anyone come across this problem?

What I've tried:

1) Restart the notebook
2) Reinstall RSLinx 2.52
3) Reinstall RSLinx 2.50
4) Scan notebook with Norton antivirus 2009
5) Patch http://rockwellautomation.custhelp....td_adp.php?p_faqid=49893&p_created=1204649086
6) Reinstall the windows XP SP2, RSLinx work for a few days and it hang again.

My notebook is installed with the following software as per attachment below;
Software.JPG

RSLinxqq.JPG

LJBMatt said:
RSLinx 2.54 is out now. You might want to roll up to the new version when you get the chance. The patch became part of 2.54

Thanks for your info. I'm curious, if I've RSLinx Gateway key installed and I load RSLinx Lite into the notebook, I'll be able to start RSLinx as Gateway, am I right?