Panel View APA File

mjkoc518

I currently have an APA file given to me by a vendor that created the HMI on a particular skid. However we recently lost our PV and have to install the running program. I am not to familar with the new Panel View Plus software, do I have to convert the APA to a MER so I can load it into the HMI? If so how do I do this?

Thanks

Yes you need to convert it to a .mer file and upload to the panelview+ or put the .mer on a cf and browse to it on the PV+ if you can get to the setup/config screens.

I havent got FT installed on my home PC so from memory i think you need to open up the Application Manager and in there one of the options is to possibly import an APA into FT.

Then when in FT you can create the .mer (Runtime File)

I have drank a gallon of red wine since i last used FT 2 months ago so my memory is not so good :)

The APA is a compressed copy of the entrie project.
To use this start Factory Talk. Do not open an application.
Choose 'Tools' then 'Application Manager' then 'Restore Application'. This will create the application's directory structure as well as adding the relevant information to the registry.

From there you will open the application, check all the communication and security items (this is too much to go into here), create the application (.MER file) and then downlaod that to the panel using 'Tools' - 'Transfer Utility'.