Pv+ 600, 1761-eni, Ml1500

RBergmann

I'm nearly through with configuring all the communications, but can't seem to get the short-cut in RSLinx Enterprise to recognize the ML1500.

Here's my setup:
RSLogix 500 V6.00.00
RSView Studio V4.00.00
PanelView Plus 600
1761-NET-ENI plugged into a MicroLogix 1500 LSP Series C

I can communicate to both the PV+ and ML1500 (w/1761-NET-ENI) with my programming software, but the PV+ apparently cannot 'see' the ML1500, but does 'see' the 1761-NET-ENI.

In searching the site, I was stoked to see a message as recent as June with the same setup, but apparently the goal was different.

Uh, it may be obvious, but the PV+ and ML1500 (1761-) are connected with Ethernet through the network.

Thanks,
... rab

Last edited:
I assume you have setup the "Local" and "Target" enterprise paths to the processor (usually the same path, so set-up the "local" path first, then click on "copy" to set the "target" path). I assume you have also successfully "test-run" the application on the "local" path - the programming machine.

Make sure when downloading to check the option to "Overwrite the PV+ communications set-up", at least for the first time downloading, so that the PV+ gets the "target" path to the processor.

daba said:
I assume you have setup the "Local" and "Target" enterprise paths to the processor (usually the same path, so set-up the "local" path first, then click on "copy" to set the "target" path). I assume you have also successfully "test-run" the application on the "local" path - the programming machine.

Make sure when downloading to check the option to "Overwrite the PV+ communications set-up", at least for the first time downloading, so that the PV+ gets the "target" path to the processor.

Thanks for the response. Here's what is happening:

The paths that show in the RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup window are the 1761-ENI and the PanelView Plus 600. Both with the IP addresses that I assigned. I deleted the 1761-ENI and then added the ML1500 LSP device and configured it with the IP address that I wanted. Seemed to work briefly but then changed back to the 1761-ENI device. Would never stick.

Then I came up with the idea of changing the IP address (to an unassigned address) of the 1761-ENI (only within RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup) and then adding the ML1500 LSP. Seemed to work for the most part. The ML1500 and the PV+ appear to be communicating. However ... during one download (not all) the path of the new device change to the 1761-ENI.

Question: Whene do I find the option to "Overwrite the PV+ communications set-up"?

Last edited:
RBergmann said:
Thanks for the response. Here's what is happening:

The paths that show in the RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup window are the 1761-ENI and the PanelView Plus 600. Both with the IP addresses that I assigned. I deleted the 1761-ENI and then added the ML1500 LSP device and configured it with the IP address that I wanted. Seemed to work briefly but then changed back to the 1761-ENI device. Would never stick.

Then I came up with the idea of changing the IP address (to an unassigned address) of the 1761-ENI (only within RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup) and then adding the ML1500 LSP. Seemed to work for the most part. The ML1500 and the PV+ appear to be communicating. However ... during one download (not all) the path of the new device change to the 1761-ENI.

Question: Whene do I find the option to "Overwrite the PV+ communications set-up"?

Transfer Utility