Sorucing for rotating light with buzzer

ckchew666

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a project and this client has a spec. that insists on revolving light, 24V DC, with buzzer. I'm looking at Verma & Patlite, but do not has anything suitable, if anyone has use this kind of revolving light before can you please advice me on the make and model? Appreciate that.

Revolving = turning, not blinking, or flashing type.

Thank you. ;)

We often use Werma stack lights. They have a "rotating" LED module which does not physically rotate but there are a number of vertical LED arrays around the circumference and they illuminate in sequence to simulate the rotation. It looks pretty cool actually. And they have audible modules that you can add to the stack.

Here's the pdf: http://www.euchner-usa.com/pdfs/SignalTowers.pdf
Check pages 33-34.

Thanks guys, very informative, i'm check with these suppliers. BTW, i think there must be a reason behind why revolving/rotating light seldom have LED type, i guess something to do with the light intensity? Anyone knows about the reason behind?

If I were in your shoes ckchew666, I would go for a non-mechanical solution, like the LED array version from Werma posted by kolyur.

Any mechanical device, eg. with a motor to rotate a mirror, is more susceptable to wear and tear, will be intolerant of temperature fluctuations, and will probably consume more current than solid-state versions.

I see from the Werma link - Rotating LED, 24V @ 70 mA, 100,000 hours lifetime. I guess a bulb would have a much lower lifetime.

An equivalent "bulb and mirror" device running 24V @ 70mA would only give you a 1.7 W lamp, without the current needed for a motor to drive the mirror round.

I've not seen these Werma stacks before - they look pretty cool to me, and a GSM module as well !!

daba, I understand what do you mean, I'll propose the flashing type & convince them, at first they rejected it and insist on the led rotating only, Next monday will know the result. Thanks for your info. Yeah, the GMS module from Werma looks great, I've nv seen such thing before ;)