TIA V16 - Rotating Graphics/Shapes

furryorange

Hello Gents,

I was wondering if anybody on here has used unified faceplates to rotate a shape.

I want to be able to rotate a shape 90 degrees whilst referencing a inclinometer feedback

Has anybody done this before and would be able to give a quick step by step?

I'm struggling to find any information on this online

Thanks

I don't know anything about faceplates, but if you have the nominal X,Y (and Z) coordinates of vertices, and of the center of rotation, and the rotation angle, I know how to rotate a shape i.e. transform those nominal coordinates to rotated coordinates.

But I have a feeling that may not apply in this case.

You can definitely rotate individual objects, like a rectangle or an IO field or whatever. Everything I've tried from the Basic Objects and Elements has a rotation property (under Size and position).

It allows you to rotate around either a pivot relative to the object or absolute to the screen, which could theoretically allow you to rotate multiple objects together in a group.

The faceplate container, however, does not have that property available, and no Controls I've looked at can be rotated.

Thanks for replies!

Im using V16 TIA and dont seem to have a rotation function option, theres nothing shown in the list.

Im going to put a support request into siemens, I will post up their reply

Thanks

Thanks for replies!

Im using V16 TIA and dont seem to have a rotation function option, theres nothing shown in the list.

Im going to put a support request into siemens, I will post up their reply

Thanks

Sorry, there was supposed to be a WITH WINCC UNIFIED at the beginning of my post.

If you are using Basic/Comfort/Advanced, then it doesn't exist.