Help needed for Rotating Cylinder

Doylen

It's very embarrassing but when I can't come up with an answer fast, I do need all the help I can get.

I have rotating cylinder.
One output (O:0/0) turns clockwise.
Another output (O:0/1) turns counter-clockwise.

When either operator push momentary button (I:0/0) or external signal
(robot) and Parts on rotator basket loaded, it should rotate clockwise. (or counter-clockwise)
(robot will pick parts from basket, it request to rotate)
When operator sees the basket empty, loads.
When load completed, pushes I:0/0 button.
With the robot request signal and these conditions, it rotates counter-clockwise or clockwise (depending on a side)

I do have two inputs indicating cylinder's position.
I do have a input showing either the basket is empty or full.

I need to build this in RSLogix 500 PLC.
Can someone can help me writing this?

Thanks in advance.

You need to unambiguously define the conditions that will trigger a command to rotate in each direction. You can't get away with statements like 'it should rotate clockwise. (or counter-clockwise)' or 'depending on'. If you don't have enough sensors to define the condition that control which direction to rotate, you will need to create internal memory bits to define the conditions. When that happens you will have the additional task of initializing those internal bits dependably.

We need more detail.

• What are all inputs, besides I:0.0/0
    • e.g. "parts loaded," "robot request," "side," etc.?
  • What are the exact conditions to make it rotate CW?
  • What are the exact conditions to make it rotate CCW?
  • What are the exact conditions to make to stop rotating?
  • Does the choice to make it rotate CCW depend on it having rotated CW previously, and vice versa?
  • Just before transitioning to CW, is it always stopped?
  • Just before transitioning to CCW, is it always stopped?
  • Does it ever transition directly from CW to CCW, or vice versa?
  • I:0.0/0 is a momentary; does this mean all transitions triggered by I:0.0/0 happen only at its rising edge (transition of I:0.0/0 from 0 to 1)?

To flesh out my earlier post a bit.

You have two signals that you use to command motion, the operator PB and the robot signal.

You have three signals that can be used to define the direction on rotation, the basket full sensor, the position 'A' and position 'B' sensors. There are eight possible combinations of those three sensors. For each of those eight combinations, you need to define which direction to rotate when you get a command from the operator or robot. Remember, the proper response for some of those combinations might be neither direction, IOW, don't move.

You may have additional conditions like an E-Stop that inhibit any motion.

I read the post a few times, a few questions
1. is there a centre position to load (you only say two position sensors)
2. if not is it anti clock to load clock to robot.
Only one operator button ? if there is a possibility of sending it to two positions then how does it know ?.