HMI Software

Archon

Hey all,

Anyone have any suggestions for inexpensive software to run on an old PC to create my own HMI with data logging?

I am building an advanced automated hydronic heating system with solar heating tied in with a geothermal heat pump covering multiple zones. So I will have around 20 temperature sensors and maybe 16 inputs and 16 outputs. (maybe a few more)

I am going to use a surplus SLC 503 and was thinking instead of a panelview it may be cheaper to setup a cheap PC with some HMI software running in the basement and access it over my network using VNC if I want to change settings. If the software had a web server that would be even better.

Anyway, is there any good PC HMI software out there for under $500 or so. I am looking for functional and adequate but not at Cadillac prices.

TIA
Archon

Rockin!

I will definitely check that out.

BASIC takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to college days though. I should be able to catch back on.

Thanks Archie