logix to PV Comm Problem

johnfarrugi

Here is the problem. I have a PV300 connected to an L43 using a 1761-CNL-PM02 Cable The comm port is setup and I can control the PLC through the PV without a problem. However, every morning I come in and the PV is offline. I look at the Comm light on the front of the PLC and its solid green. Normaly the comm port is flashing green as its communicating with the PV. The only way to fix the problem is to power down the PLC. Any ideas whats wrong?

I had a similar thing happen before (long time ago). In panelbuilder, whats your baud rate?
Parity stop bits? CRC or BCC? Handshake on or off?

This is a compactlogix L43 correct?

What firmware rev?

We had similar issues with L31's communicating over serial. The fix for us was use firmware 16.21. Unfortunately for us, we had to live with if for a couple of months since we discovered it before the firmware was available.

The processor is an L43 with firmware 17.0
The Panelview is an 2711-M3A18L firmware > 4.1

The serial port is configured as follows:
Baud: 19200
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Control Line: No Handshake
RTS Send Delay: 0
RTS Off Delay: 0

Protocal: DF1 Point to Point
Station Adress: 0
Nak Limit: 3
ENQ Limit: 3
ACK timeout: 1000 ms
Ambedded Response: Autodetect
Error Detection: CRC
Duplicate Detection: ON

Dang, it sounded exactly like the early 16 firmware versions. Hopefully that didn't come back in 17.

I'm not sure what difficulty there is going from 17 to 16 (I know it was an epic pain going from 16 to 15), but maybe you could try using 16.21 and see if you have the same results.

I don't know much about compactlogix, but projects that I have built in the past using ML1000 and the PV300 I use 9600 as the baud rate.

If its possible, give it a whirl and see what happens.