Building a test board

LRC

I would like to connect 120 volt indicator lights on the out-puts of a Direct Logic DO-06AA with triac output relays. When I try to connect them the lights stay on all the time and when I switch on the input the output lights become brighter. Thanks for your help.

If the test light are Neon type, they will most likely be emiting light with the smallest leaking current of your triacs outputs. this is normal.

Those light will show an "almost" open circuit if you test them with a DVM. So any smal current leak will have a 120 Vac value at the light terminals.

To prevent this, you must drop the voltage of this leak. Install a resistor in parallel of the light OR install incadescant light bulbs.

Similar Topics

I am going to build a test/training stand for programming PLC's and HMI's; I would like to buy a panel with a bank of flip switches on it. (24...
Replies
Views
Hi, It's been forever since I've programmed a panelview station. The last one I did around 2007 we use Panelbuilder 32. We currently have an...
Replies
Views
hey guys whats up. I am taking a old panel that we have laing around and making a test station. I will be running it with 480 3 phase. There is a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am a student and would like to take the next step and learn FactoryTalk (Batch preferably) and how to create HMIs etc. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi all Trend seemed to have carved a niche in building controls. The controllers seem expensive and inflexible, in the words of a Trend user. Do...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom