Trend building management controllers

Hi all
Trend seemed to have carved a niche in building controls. The controllers seem expensive and inflexible, in the words of a Trend user.

Do we know if they do anything exceptional, or would a PLC blow its socks off?

We have something similar here in the states. Trane. The "controller" is a rebranded generic HVAC PLC that is slow, clunky, and programmed exclusively with function blocks. The operational HMI is just an HTML screen which makes it even slower. You have to have a service tech user and password to change any programming so they get you with service contracts.

I swear they try to just sell you Name branding

Similar Topics

So i've been at this for a long while, i have Citect Scada 2018, i have full access to everything but i can't seem to find any option or...
Replies
Views
Hello, We recently upgraded our control server to a newer model. After the transition we are experiencing issues with our trend graphs to where...
Replies
Views
Our punch press has a SLC500 with HELM weight module (HM-604-WM) for tonnage monitoring. The operator enters the weight range on the HMI, which is...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am working in FTVSE v8. I have many trends set up some of them work others do not. The ones that don't work show the foot print of the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am rebuilding an HMI from 2003 with the new software Factory Talk Optix. I have a pop up box with a trendline on it. I want the ability...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom