Function Block Programming Question

semilogical

I'm new with function block programming, I'm an old ladder logic type.

I need to program basically a NOT for an input in a Boolian AND instruction with several NOT's involved. Typical ladder would be something like the below (without addresses)

xic xic xic xio xio xio ote

Simple logic in ladder but I can't find the method of showing the xic's. In Triconix, Siemens and Modicon you have a simple circle to indicate a NOT condition.

Do not know if your software (RSlogix 5K) has Function Blocks capabilities ( if negative you have to buy it), if positive the FB you have to use is called ( NOT = Bitwise Not).
Open RSlogix, the help then help instruction then type NOT and you will find an explanation on how to use this instruction.

semilogical,

I don't see a facility in RSLogix5000 to simply add an invert to the input of an AND gate like Siemens does. Looks like you have to add a BNOT block for each inverted input on a BAND instruction.

Personally, unless this logic is pretty minor, I put it back in ladder and send the result to the function block. It's a lot cleaner. I don't like my function block page cluttered with a bunch of boolean blocks.

P.S. You would have got an answer a lot sooner if you had actualy mentioned you wanted to know about RSLogix5000 in your first post.

semilogical,

P.S. You would have got an answer a lot sooner if you had actualy mentioned you wanted to know about RSLogix5000 in your first post.

I've been asking a few different places and when I did the cut and paste it was from an AB forum. Sorry.