PLC Programming

pebbert

Hi,

I have an application that is currently using conventional relays that I would like to move to a Moeller Easy relay/PLC.

See attached schematic.

I have quite a bit of experience programming embedded controllers using C, but ladder logic baffles me. I can handle the UI stuff, but if someone could help me with the logic, I would appreciate it.

Basic operation:

The machine has two pushbuttons to activate two air valves. Pushing momentary button 1 activates Air Valve 1.
Pushing monmentary button 2 activates Air Valve 2 and starts two timers. When the timers run out Air Valve 1 and Air Valve 2 open.
Pushbutton 2 won't activate until after Pushbutton 1 has been pressed.
I also have an "arm switch" which will be an emergency stop button. If this opens, the timers should reset and the air valves open.

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Let me know if something isn't clear.

Alternatively, are there any cheap PLC's like the Moeller or Omron Zen that can be programmed in C or Basic?

Thank you,

Phil

Unless I have drank to much this is how I read the print.
I did it with a ZEN I dont have Moeller software.
I love these zens and am amazed with what I can do with them.
I counted 3 push buttons and a maintained switch.
If the left pushbutton or the arming switch is an "E-stop" make sure it mechanically kills power to the outputs.
Mold Press Zen.jpg

Last edited: